Martial Arts Australia | How to Prevent Martial Arts Injuries
Thursday, October 26th, 2017
Learn with Martial Arts Australia
Martial Arts Australia can get real physical once you start to learn its ways and techniques. It is not a surprise that there is a chance of getting injured while practicing or competing. Beginners and professionals alike have chances of encountering accidents. That is why it is important to make some serious precautions before engaging in a session.
First, let’s take a look at the most common injuries that can happen while practicing Martial Arts Australia:
- Muscle Strains – This can occur when you pushed a muscle too far, which can also cause a muscle tear.
- Skin Damage – Getting small cuts and bruises is very common due to close physical contact.
- Muscle Sprains – This is a direct injury to your ligaments. The most common injury under this is plantar fasciitis. This is from the bruising or overstretching of the plantar fascia ligament which goes across the sole of the foot.
- Concussion – Dizziness, confusion, and nausea are the common symptoms of someone who has a concussion. This is mostly because of an emphasized strike to the head. A person showing these symptoms should be immediately brought to the hospital.
- Dislocations – Dislocating a bone is more common in Martial Arts Australia than breaking. Hands and toes are the parts that usually fall victim to this.
Fortunately, these injuries can be prevented. All you need to do is to practice the following tips:
TIPS TO PREVENT MARTIAL ARTS INJURIES
Be equipped with the proper Martial Arts Australia equipment.
One common mistake is disregarding the importance of using the right equipment for the sessions. Never forget to put on the following before engaging in anything: headgear, mouth guard, chest protectors, and paddings.
Also, make sure that the equipment you are using is a perfect fit for your body and your needs.
Warm-up and Cool-down!
Before engaging your muscles in some heavy activity, make sure to get them ready for it. Imagine being suddenly woken up to do a lot of things you are not ready for yet. It would put a strain on both you and the tasks handed to you. The same goes for your muscles. They need some proper stretching and warm-up before being able to perform their best.
After a session of Martial Arts Australia, thank your muscles with a proper cool-down. This is to soothe the muscles after the hard work.
Seek direct supervision from your instructor or an expert.
If you’re just starting to get the hang of the ways of Martial Arts Australia, don’t dare do things you have not practiced much. Ask for the help and advice of your instructor on how to do things in a proper way. They can provide the proper techniques of how to execute different styles and movement.
Have a pre-participation check-up.
In order to properly assess the state of your body, you can opt for a check-up. This can help you find your weaknesses, either to avoid them or to train them. If you choose to train, you can have a program specifically designed for your needs and capabilities.
Be trained by highly skilled professionals.
Having a professional Martial Arts Australia instructor will be your best bet when it comes to learning the best and proper techniques. They will know how to deal with your needs and strengthen your potential.
Need more tips? You should probably enroll now and start learning for it would be best to learn from the real trainers. Besides, enrolling in Dos Taekwondo will help you develop your social skills as well. Don’t hesitate to visit us online!
Dos Taekwondo offers nothing but the best programs for everyone! Choosing us will help you achieve your best potential while making sure that you get the best learning experience. Call us now at 1300 338 919!
← Back to Blog