Australian Martial Arts | Advantages of Stretching
Saturday, August 20th, 2016
Stretching is a form of physical exercise where a specific muscle or tendon is deliberately flexed or stretched in order to improve the muscle’s felt elasticity and achieve comfortable muscle tone. Stretching is a fundamental component in the Australian Martial Arts Training, however, stretching and improvements with flexibility also have many benefits in our day-to-day lives.
Stretching is purely the act of extending to the complete length or extent that our body is capable of. Stretching involves straightening or lengthening your complete structure, muscles and limbs. This is practiced before you proceed with your Australian Martial Arts training to avoid injuries. Stretching has profound benefits to the body and mind.
Here’s Australian Martial Arts ‘ Benefits of Stretching
Overall Flexibility and Range of Motion will increase.
- Aches and pains that can be caused from physical or muscle imbalance can be re-adjusted. The improved range of motion in your joints is simply another good thing about stretching. With a decent range of motion, you will have a better balance and diminish the risk of falling and injury. An increase in flexibility helps improve balance and coordination.
Chronically Tense and Tight muscles contribute to poor posture.
- Stretching helps to ensure correct posture by lengthening tight muscles that pull areas of the body away from their intended positions. Stretching the muscles of the lower back, chest and shoulders can help keep the spine in better alignment and improve of overall posture.
Increase of Blood and Nutrient Supply to the Muscle Group
- This increase will help you improve energy levels, exercise for a longer period of time, burn more calories, prevents muscle soreness and helps make recovery faster.
Major Types of Stretching
- Dynamic Stretching – the ideal prior to exercise to prepare the joints for movement and muscles for optimal activation.
- Static Stretching – are designed to hold a position for a joint or a muscle that is minimally challenging.
It is highly encouraged to do both the dynamic and static exercises.
Stretching is a truly great exercise and everybody can learn it. It provides many benefits, keep you healthy and improve your skills!
If you are participating in Australian Martial Arts , then learning stretching exercises is very important. To know more, contact us now at 0425324443!
← Back to Blog