Taekwondo Chatswood | The Best Taekwondo Life Lessons
Thursday, December 11th, 2014
While movies depict martial arts to be a grim and violent act, accompanied with blood and gore, you will be surprised that all the best Taekwondo Chatswood schools convey good life lessons. The following are some of the life lessons that you will learn from the best Taekwondo Chatswood class and you may even consider enrolling in one:
- Letting your abilities speak for you. A lot of people let their mouth speak about their abilities instead of showing them. You would so often notice that the quiet ones are the most talented. People are going to be impressed more if you would show them your abilities instead of you proudly proclaiming how talented you are.
- Mastery takes time. There is no such thing as a ‘shortcut’. Everybody starts as a novice; there are no gold medalists that did not start as a trainee. You will pass through hills and valleys but rest assured, it will be all worth it in the end.
- Family is not always blood-related. Your training partners become your brothers and sisters; your gym, your second home. Whatever age, height, and race your training partners may be, you will find a family in them, a bond that is inseparable.
- Never judge a person by their appearance. Abilities do not depend on how the person looks. There are a lot of movies and TV shows depict that the smallest one of the bunch is the strongest. Never undermine a person’s abilities through his/her looks.
- Never compare yourself to others. Your achievements differ from others. Some are better and there are worse than you. “Am I better than I was yesterday?” is the question that you need to ask if you are improving and not comparing your success with others. Remember that victories relative to others are hollow and short-lived leading to more frustration rather than happiness.
If you seek mastery of your body and of graceful self-defense, we offer the best Taekwondo Chatswood instruction and training here at DOS TAEKWONDO.
You can also read our other articles about Taekwondo Kicks & Other Basic Skills of Dos Taekwondo, Taekwondo Belts | Great Black Belt Taekwondo Instructor.
← Back to Blog