Menai Taekwondo | The Many Benefits of Taekwondo
Sunday, September 29th, 2013
Menai Taekwondo – Article of the day by Dos Taekwondo.
Taekwondo, as any other type of martial art would be, is purposely designed as a means of self-defense. In combat, it makes use of the hands and the feet instead of the newly developed weapons. In this type of martial art, the skills involved in countering the opponent are: dodging, punching, jumping, blocking, sparring action, and kicking. Though Taekwondo is plainly seen as a physical type of sport, it is unknown to those who do not practice the art that it also targets the mind and helps those who are involved to develop a moral character.
People have different reasons as to why they enter the art of Taekwondo. Some may settle for the physical aspects like: for exercise and keeping in shape, strength, and self-defense. Others though join Taekwondo for the purpose of strengthening their qualities like self – discipline and self – esteem. But most of the people who involve themselves in this type of sports train for the combination of both reasons.
Menai Taekwondo – What Are The Benefits Of Taekwondo?
Here are some of the benefits that each individual may acquire through training in Taekwondo:
1. Discipline. Taekwondo practitioners train and hone their skills for years and this long-term focus helps them build discipline within themselves.
2. Self – defense. This is the main purpose of Taekwondo. The art teaches its students to reduce the possibility of an injury, attack, and thus avoid life-threatening assaults.
3. Health. Training in this art would increase the body’s physical fitness through exercise and conditioning, a few examples would be: building strength and flexibility. Furthermore, it helps in burning calories even faster than going to gym for a workout.
4. Coordination and Flexibility. These two skills are eventually developed as individuals train though time.
5. Self – confidence. Through years of engaging in Taekwondo students would develop self – confidence as they would learn to socialize with different types of personalities in their time of training and competitions.
6. Avoiding laziness and bad habit. Individuals who enter the art use their free time to train and practice their skills. Moreover, since the practitioners dedicate their time to Taekwondo they are relieved from the temptations of doing bad habits.
7. Relieves stress. Taekwondo is actually a form of meditation and focuses on the mind, body, and spirit all working together in harmony. The mind controls the body, and the body controls the mind. Being physically fit relieves stress on the body.
In addition to the above-mentioned benefits are: overcoming fear, developing patience, and having an inner calm. Taekwondo training also promotes values such as courtesy, honesty, loyalty and cooperation.
There are many benefits that individuals may gain through engaging in Taekwondo and the ones listed above are only a few of them. It is essential for aspiring practitioners to train at an early age so as to gain all of the skills and techniques the art has to offer.
Menai Taekwondo — where you will learn a lot about yourself
Wondering how? Well, you will never know who you really are until you challenged yourself. Who knows, you are actually pretty good in martial arts, you just didn’t know since you never tried it. Discover more of your capabilities at Menai Taekwondo.
Menai Taekwondo – Dos Taekwondo provides all the benefits that Taekwondo has to bring. Whether improving in many aspects or just having plain fun, this is the best place to train.
Give us a call now at 1300 338 919. We will be looking forward to hearing from you soon!
You can also read our other articles about Illawong Taekwondo | Injury Prevention in Taekwondo, Sutherland Taekwondo | Staying Fit With Taekwondo.
← Back to Blog